p_kumar
08-14 03:35 PM
1/2 million insurance for only $22?. :eek: i am paying $40 for $250K. can you please tell whats the name of the insurance company?.
I think if you applied for I-485, then you can say you are a PR. not sure what are the repercussions, though.
I think if you applied for I-485, then you can say you are a PR. not sure what are the repercussions, though.
wallpaper STAR WARS LEGO
ameerka_dream
11-11 12:26 PM
Report: Lou Dobbs employed illegal immigrants
Lou Dobbs has long railed against illegal immigration and the employers who hire undocumented workers. Dobbs generated controversy � and faced boycotts � for attacking "illegal aliens" as host of a nightly CNN show. And since leaving the network in December, Dobbs has kept talking about the issue in interviews, in which he's also left open the possibility of running for senator or president.
But Dobbs might want to pause before making illegal immigration a signature campaign issue: At least five illegal immigrants have reportedly worked on his properties.
The liberal Nation magazine, in a yearlong investigation conducted with the Investigative Fund at the Nation Institute, found that "Dobbs has relied for years on undocumented labor for the upkeep of his multimillion-dollar estates and the horses he keeps for his 22-year-old daughter, Hillary, a champion show jumper."
The Nation's Isabel Macdonald writes that while Dobbs has bashed employers for hiring immigrants without papers, he "has been far from vigilant about the status of workers laboring on his own properties." (The Nation has long editorialized against Dobbs and those who agree with him on immigration.)
Dobbs owns a 300-acre estate in Sussex, N.J., and a winter home in West Palm Beach, Fla. His daughter keeps five show horses worth about $1 million each at several stables; the horses are owned by the Dobbs Group, of which Lou Dobbs is president.
Macdonald spoke with several immigrants who were employed to work on winter property and helped with the upkeep of Dobbs' horses at stables in Vermont and Florida. "I looked after Dobbs' horses while I was illegal," said one man. Another worker said that he believed Hillary Dobbs knew they didn't have papers. (The workers did not give their real names for fear of deportation.)
Macdonald wrote that another worker worked on the garden at Dobbs' Florida property. On one occasion, that worker said, Lou Dobbs � who referred to himself as "Luis" � instructed him in Spanish to talk to his boss about moving a specific plant. Macdonald interviewed other immigrants who worked at the holiday home.
Hillary Dobbs did not comment for the article. And Lou Dobbs, through a radio producer on "The Lou Dobbs Show," declined to comment. Robert Zeller, Dobbs' attorney, said Dobbs would answer questions only on his live radio show; the Nation agreed to be on the show, but only after publication.
Dobbs has not yet responded to a request from The Upshot to discuss the allegations, which are sure to get attention given the commentator's very public views on the subject. The Nation compiled a video of Dobbs' past statements
Report: Lou Dobbs employed illegal immigrants | The Upshot Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101007/cm_yblog_upshot/report-lou-dobbs-employed-undocumented-immigrants)
Lou Dobbs has long railed against illegal immigration and the employers who hire undocumented workers. Dobbs generated controversy � and faced boycotts � for attacking "illegal aliens" as host of a nightly CNN show. And since leaving the network in December, Dobbs has kept talking about the issue in interviews, in which he's also left open the possibility of running for senator or president.
But Dobbs might want to pause before making illegal immigration a signature campaign issue: At least five illegal immigrants have reportedly worked on his properties.
The liberal Nation magazine, in a yearlong investigation conducted with the Investigative Fund at the Nation Institute, found that "Dobbs has relied for years on undocumented labor for the upkeep of his multimillion-dollar estates and the horses he keeps for his 22-year-old daughter, Hillary, a champion show jumper."
The Nation's Isabel Macdonald writes that while Dobbs has bashed employers for hiring immigrants without papers, he "has been far from vigilant about the status of workers laboring on his own properties." (The Nation has long editorialized against Dobbs and those who agree with him on immigration.)
Dobbs owns a 300-acre estate in Sussex, N.J., and a winter home in West Palm Beach, Fla. His daughter keeps five show horses worth about $1 million each at several stables; the horses are owned by the Dobbs Group, of which Lou Dobbs is president.
Macdonald spoke with several immigrants who were employed to work on winter property and helped with the upkeep of Dobbs' horses at stables in Vermont and Florida. "I looked after Dobbs' horses while I was illegal," said one man. Another worker said that he believed Hillary Dobbs knew they didn't have papers. (The workers did not give their real names for fear of deportation.)
Macdonald wrote that another worker worked on the garden at Dobbs' Florida property. On one occasion, that worker said, Lou Dobbs � who referred to himself as "Luis" � instructed him in Spanish to talk to his boss about moving a specific plant. Macdonald interviewed other immigrants who worked at the holiday home.
Hillary Dobbs did not comment for the article. And Lou Dobbs, through a radio producer on "The Lou Dobbs Show," declined to comment. Robert Zeller, Dobbs' attorney, said Dobbs would answer questions only on his live radio show; the Nation agreed to be on the show, but only after publication.
Dobbs has not yet responded to a request from The Upshot to discuss the allegations, which are sure to get attention given the commentator's very public views on the subject. The Nation compiled a video of Dobbs' past statements
Report: Lou Dobbs employed illegal immigrants | The Upshot Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101007/cm_yblog_upshot/report-lou-dobbs-employed-undocumented-immigrants)
AuntyDan
06-21 08:32 PM
You have mail logiclife, let me know if I can be of use to you.
2011 Attack Gunship Star Wars
zulo1715
10-20 04:34 PM
Hello,
I got my I-485 approval today, but my situation is a little complicated. I'm gonna explain that to you, and I appreciate your comments and thoughts.
My I-140 got approved two months ago, but the sad part is that I lost my job the day after I got my I-140 approval. My employer told me that it was because of the lack of projects, and I'd be back as soon as they got a new project (I don't think that happens soon; actually, I'm not counting on that). I was also told that they would not cancel my GC application (i.e. they won't revoke my I-140), and they would help me even if an RFE was raised to ask for an employment letter. Fortunately enough looks like I've not been out of status since I lost my job (I already filed my I-485 and got the approval for I-140 when I lost my job).
OK! here's what I'm worried about. My lawyer told me that as soon as I get my green card, I'm all set. He told me so when I asked him what would happen if I just wait for my GC approval and not to work for any other employer before then. I even have my EAD, but I decided not to go for another employer to make sure that I'm not raising a flag before getting my GC (that would be fine if I passed more than 180 days after my I-485 approval with an approved I-140). I know that some guys here say it's better (or even it's needed) to work for the company who sponsored your GC 6 months to one year after getting green card in order not to have an issue when applying for citizenship, but the thing is that my company doesn't have any project right now.
- Is there anything I can do to make sure that I'll be safe and sound in the future? What do I need to do now to make sure that my citizenship process in futute is OK?
- Is there anything that the sponsoring company can do regarding this; I mean help me out?
- Can I work for another employer now that I have my GC in hand?
Thank you,
I got my I-485 approval today, but my situation is a little complicated. I'm gonna explain that to you, and I appreciate your comments and thoughts.
My I-140 got approved two months ago, but the sad part is that I lost my job the day after I got my I-140 approval. My employer told me that it was because of the lack of projects, and I'd be back as soon as they got a new project (I don't think that happens soon; actually, I'm not counting on that). I was also told that they would not cancel my GC application (i.e. they won't revoke my I-140), and they would help me even if an RFE was raised to ask for an employment letter. Fortunately enough looks like I've not been out of status since I lost my job (I already filed my I-485 and got the approval for I-140 when I lost my job).
OK! here's what I'm worried about. My lawyer told me that as soon as I get my green card, I'm all set. He told me so when I asked him what would happen if I just wait for my GC approval and not to work for any other employer before then. I even have my EAD, but I decided not to go for another employer to make sure that I'm not raising a flag before getting my GC (that would be fine if I passed more than 180 days after my I-485 approval with an approved I-140). I know that some guys here say it's better (or even it's needed) to work for the company who sponsored your GC 6 months to one year after getting green card in order not to have an issue when applying for citizenship, but the thing is that my company doesn't have any project right now.
- Is there anything I can do to make sure that I'll be safe and sound in the future? What do I need to do now to make sure that my citizenship process in futute is OK?
- Is there anything that the sponsoring company can do regarding this; I mean help me out?
- Can I work for another employer now that I have my GC in hand?
Thank you,
more...
GCUser1
09-12 07:30 AM
Fill this form http://www.dol.gov/esa/forms/whd/WH-4.pdf and submit the form at local office ( http://www.dol.gov/esa/contacts/whd/america2.htm)
Good Luck !!!
Good Luck !!!
Rolling_Flood
09-22 09:33 PM
bump
Anyone got a generic response to an I-485 Service Request that "your case is awaiting standard security checks required for everyone who applies for this immigration benefit"?
More importantly, did anyone get an approval for their I-485 after being stuck in such a check?
Thanks much.
Anyone got a generic response to an I-485 Service Request that "your case is awaiting standard security checks required for everyone who applies for this immigration benefit"?
More importantly, did anyone get an approval for their I-485 after being stuck in such a check?
Thanks much.
more...
visli_com
06-25 11:23 AM
Please take the above poll.
In my case, company is paying for me alone. I have to pay attorney fee and filing fee for my wife.
my company is paying all except medical & (costly) Photos.
In my case, company is paying for me alone. I have to pay attorney fee and filing fee for my wife.
my company is paying all except medical & (costly) Photos.
2010 LEGO STAR WARS 7676
waiting_4_gc
07-18 06:48 PM
Since on 2nd July they said they will reject the AOS application, what if they would have done some rejection during that time, and by the time July filers get their application back, it is after 17th of August. In that circumstance, can you send the AOS application back arguing USCIS's mistake and ask them to take it back after 08/17 and would they take it back politely or reject it again.
Its going to be another lawsuit :confused:
Its going to be another lawsuit :confused:
more...
jsb
11-01 12:24 PM
I'm from ROW, my spouse and me both have EAD and AP. But our I-485 is pending. My spouse isn't working but would be travelling to Germany next year while I won't be travelling with her.
1. Is a good idea just to apply only EAD renewal for me and AP for her to save some bucks?
2. How soon will the service center accept the renewal applications before they expire?
3. What if I file these renewal by myself and don't use a lawyer. Will it make a difference?
4. What paper work do I need to submit with my applications for renewal either by online or manual?
5. What are the implications of not having to apply EAD for my spouse. Is she going to be out of status once her EAD expire?
Experts please advice.
It is better to keep EAD and AP current, instead of letting them expire to save a few bucks. Renewing something expired raises eyebrows. Renewal instructions come with EAD and AP. There is no need of a lawyer. Renewals are simple process.
1. Is a good idea just to apply only EAD renewal for me and AP for her to save some bucks?
2. How soon will the service center accept the renewal applications before they expire?
3. What if I file these renewal by myself and don't use a lawyer. Will it make a difference?
4. What paper work do I need to submit with my applications for renewal either by online or manual?
5. What are the implications of not having to apply EAD for my spouse. Is she going to be out of status once her EAD expire?
Experts please advice.
It is better to keep EAD and AP current, instead of letting them expire to save a few bucks. Renewing something expired raises eyebrows. Renewal instructions come with EAD and AP. There is no need of a lawyer. Renewals are simple process.
hair Attack Gunship (7676)
eastindia
12-20 01:40 PM
We need to have a working group to generate awareness @ grassroot levels about legal EB immigrations - common voters, media, people working around you.
This is a good idea.
How about you take your idea further and start this group. I am sure many folks who agree with you will join you. What do you think?
This is a good idea.
How about you take your idea further and start this group. I am sure many folks who agree with you will join you. What do you think?
more...
anilsal
12-05 12:09 PM
I see some of the posts about lawyers screwing up..well if I go ahead telling my story in detail, of how he messed up my H-1B filing, people would be amazed. His law office on my qualifications specified "Masters of Science in Science" based on which USCIS sent a simple RFE to specify more about my degree in the US, and to which he didnt even file the reply on time and my case was closed by USCIS. He personally informed me a reply has been filed, which never was due to the way they handle work in the office, I presume..It was anyways a mental harrassment as I not only took advice from 5 different lawyers and had to refile an H-1 and get out of the country to get an I-94.
I think the way some of these lawyers are working, we should ask for things as minute as FEDEX or UPS tracking receipts. Just my two cents.
do not name law firms in your posts-- admin.
That is why the online case tracker from USCIS is important. Get the receipt numbers and you can track as to what is happening - RFE, approval, denial etc and they can email when the case status changes.
I think the way some of these lawyers are working, we should ask for things as minute as FEDEX or UPS tracking receipts. Just my two cents.
do not name law firms in your posts-- admin.
That is why the online case tracker from USCIS is important. Get the receipt numbers and you can track as to what is happening - RFE, approval, denial etc and they can email when the case status changes.
hot LEGO Star Wars 2008 Republic
crazyghoda
10-29 06:21 PM
I got someone who left this comment with the red - " Helpful Answer Negative Rating"
This must the 3rd time I have had someone give me a red for answering questions and helping this community.
I think I am done hanging around this forum helping out a bunch of morons who probably believe they can get a green card by giving others reds. Adios !
There is no TDS for any funds held in NRE savings or CD accounts.
This must the 3rd time I have had someone give me a red for answering questions and helping this community.
I think I am done hanging around this forum helping out a bunch of morons who probably believe they can get a green card by giving others reds. Adios !
There is no TDS for any funds held in NRE savings or CD accounts.
more...
house LEGO STAR WARS 7676 REPUBLIC

DSLStart
12-17 11:53 AM
Congrats man!
hame aam khane se matlab hain, guthli ginney se matlab nahin ... ;-)
Ladies and Gentlemen,
As a EB2-India hopeful I was Current in Aug/Sept 2008, and had a 99.9% of hope of getting approval. However, they did nothing then though many with a lot lower (later) PD's and RD's were approved.
Now suddenly, I got several sets of emails with "Card production ordered", "Approval notice sent" and "Wecome as a New permanent resident" messages (some more than one with same message).
So, may be USCIS is not following any PD dates announced in Visa Bulletins, but this time for good. Ironically, I also got emails on my AP approval, which is dated a day later than GC approval. Sequence of LUDs is - AP received 11/11 with a soft LUD on 12/10, I-485 approval on 12/11, AP approval on 12/12. Got another set of emails today with similar contents as in emails dated 12/11.
Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your file comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....
hame aam khane se matlab hain, guthli ginney se matlab nahin ... ;-)
Ladies and Gentlemen,
As a EB2-India hopeful I was Current in Aug/Sept 2008, and had a 99.9% of hope of getting approval. However, they did nothing then though many with a lot lower (later) PD's and RD's were approved.
Now suddenly, I got several sets of emails with "Card production ordered", "Approval notice sent" and "Wecome as a New permanent resident" messages (some more than one with same message).
So, may be USCIS is not following any PD dates announced in Visa Bulletins, but this time for good. Ironically, I also got emails on my AP approval, which is dated a day later than GC approval. Sequence of LUDs is - AP received 11/11 with a soft LUD on 12/10, I-485 approval on 12/11, AP approval on 12/12. Got another set of emails today with similar contents as in emails dated 12/11.
Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your file comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....
tattoo StarWars.com | The Empire

Humhongekamyab
05-07 04:03 PM
Hi,
It appears TSC (Texas Service Center) started using new system CHAMPS, which is not connected to the online case status system.
Any one saw either SOFT / HARD LUDs on their cases pending in TSC in last two / three months?
Thanks
Bob
My friend, what is CHAMPS?
Never mind http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_cis_champs.pdf
It appears TSC (Texas Service Center) started using new system CHAMPS, which is not connected to the online case status system.
Any one saw either SOFT / HARD LUDs on their cases pending in TSC in last two / three months?
Thanks
Bob
My friend, what is CHAMPS?
Never mind http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_cis_champs.pdf
more...
pictures These include LEGO Star Wars,
vhd999
02-04 06:27 PM
I guess it does not matter...I have sent USPS envelops.
dresses Star Wars 7676 (Star Wars)
mygc2006
06-14 11:19 AM
Like everyone here, my PD is also current. My H1b is expiring in the last-week of Nov this year (2007). If I file for 485/EAD etc. in early July. Do I need to extend my H1b? How long does it take to get the EAD? What if, if I do not receive the EAD before Nov ? Go ahead and file 485/EAD etc. EAD approval takes 2-3 months. To be on the safe side, apply for H1 extension also . it is safe to keep H1 till you get your 485 approval.
more...
makeup lego Starwars - Lego 7676
scubadude
May 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM
Canon EOS Digital Rebel, 75-300 1:4.5-5.6
Natural lighting in shade at a high school stadium in early May
Natural lighting in shade at a high school stadium in early May
girlfriend LEGO Star Wars Republic
ras
07-12 07:29 PM
:confused::confused:
First (Original one):
labor date: EB2-Aug-2002
Labor approved: September - 2007
I-140 approved: Yesterday (July-11-2008)
485 not yet filed
Second (approved labor from different company):
labor date: EB3-Apr-2004 and labor approved
140 filed: July 13 2007 - case is pending as of now
485 filed: July 13 2007 - case is pending as of now
I dont know what to do with my original green card one (whether to file one more 485 or not)
Gurus help me with your knowlege which option i have to choose
1. withdraw the 485 (filed with substituion labor) and file new 485 with the original one
2. file one more 485
3. wait for the substituion labor 140 to be approved and transfer priority date and category?
:confused:
I guess u could interfile with the first 140
First (Original one):
labor date: EB2-Aug-2002
Labor approved: September - 2007
I-140 approved: Yesterday (July-11-2008)
485 not yet filed
Second (approved labor from different company):
labor date: EB3-Apr-2004 and labor approved
140 filed: July 13 2007 - case is pending as of now
485 filed: July 13 2007 - case is pending as of now
I dont know what to do with my original green card one (whether to file one more 485 or not)
Gurus help me with your knowlege which option i have to choose
1. withdraw the 485 (filed with substituion labor) and file new 485 with the original one
2. file one more 485
3. wait for the substituion labor 140 to be approved and transfer priority date and category?
:confused:
I guess u could interfile with the first 140
hairstyles Star Wars 7676 (Star Wars)
gc28262
07-14 08:29 AM
I apologize for hijacking this thread. I could not find a way to create a new thread. I subscribed for monthly contributions almost 5 days back and still don't have access to Donor's forum. Emailed the admins, still no response. Can the admins take a look at this one please?
And also how do I create a new thread? I did this some time back, but could not find it where to start.
Thanks
To start a thread:
Click on Forums menu-->Select an appropriate Discussion topic till you see a "New Thread" button. Click on the "New Thread" button to start a thread.
And also how do I create a new thread? I did this some time back, but could not find it where to start.
Thanks
To start a thread:
Click on Forums menu-->Select an appropriate Discussion topic till you see a "New Thread" button. Click on the "New Thread" button to start a thread.
reddysn
06-17 10:46 PM
I dont know about it
But you may want to read this for the procedure for applying waiver for medical issues
http://faq.visapro.com/Immigration-Medical-Exams-FAQ9.asp
All
First of all, sorry to open a new thread for my problem, but didn't find a related thread.
I was tested positive for genetal herpes 6months ago, but after that i didn't have any outbreaks. Now i have to go for medicals for my I485 next week.
Iam very much worried if it will effect my chances of getting GC.
Should i let the civil surgeon know iam positive for herpes and show my medical reports before he does the blood work, or should i wait till he finishes my blood work? I have read that i can apply for a waiver even if im tested positive for herpes, is it true? If so, can any body please tell me what is the procedure? Do i need to do it when we are filing for 485, or is it a separate process?
Please guide me.
Thanks in advance.
But you may want to read this for the procedure for applying waiver for medical issues
http://faq.visapro.com/Immigration-Medical-Exams-FAQ9.asp
All
First of all, sorry to open a new thread for my problem, but didn't find a related thread.
I was tested positive for genetal herpes 6months ago, but after that i didn't have any outbreaks. Now i have to go for medicals for my I485 next week.
Iam very much worried if it will effect my chances of getting GC.
Should i let the civil surgeon know iam positive for herpes and show my medical reports before he does the blood work, or should i wait till he finishes my blood work? I have read that i can apply for a waiver even if im tested positive for herpes, is it true? If so, can any body please tell me what is the procedure? Do i need to do it when we are filing for 485, or is it a separate process?
Please guide me.
Thanks in advance.
bestin
10-21 09:40 PM
140 APPROVED.
In addition to the first RFE as above,i received one more RFE.In the second RFE they mentioned that education and experience satisfies labour,but wanted more documents from company to prove A2P.Company sent tax returns and got the approval in 6 days.Yet to receive the notice.
Good luck to all waiting for approval.
In addition to the first RFE as above,i received one more RFE.In the second RFE they mentioned that education and experience satisfies labour,but wanted more documents from company to prove A2P.Company sent tax returns and got the approval in 6 days.Yet to receive the notice.
Good luck to all waiting for approval.

No comments:
Post a Comment