H4_losing_hope
02-13 08:07 PM
See no GC? Hear no GC? Talk to IV
like it!
like it!
wallpaper justin bieber quizzes for

bfadlia
05-27 08:09 AM
My son and wife too had EAD's expiring in Aug, 2010.. Had no option but to get the DL for three months and applied for another renewal of EAD's.. What a crap..$ after $.. Did the letter from USCIS you got after infopass help or not??
I don't think the letter was of any help, it said my case is still pending, and as I mentioned above DMV told me they already knew that, they had access to USCIS database.
I don't think the letter was of any help, it said my case is still pending, and as I mentioned above DMV told me they already knew that, they had access to USCIS database.
TEKNMEK
02-09 11:11 PM
Hi
My status has changed recently from H4 to H1. I haven't got my H1 visa stamped in passport. I need to travel to India due to family emergency.
1. Can I get an emergency appointment?
2. Would I have any problem related to transit visa if travelling via Amsterdam or Frankfurt?
3. How long does it take to recieve the passport after stamping?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
TEKNMEK
My status has changed recently from H4 to H1. I haven't got my H1 visa stamped in passport. I need to travel to India due to family emergency.
1. Can I get an emergency appointment?
2. Would I have any problem related to transit visa if travelling via Amsterdam or Frankfurt?
3. How long does it take to recieve the passport after stamping?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
TEKNMEK
2011 house justin bieber quiz book.
ameerka_dream
04-15 10:26 AM
^^^^^^^^^^bump^^^^^^^^^^
more...

jscris
July 15th, 2004, 12:58 PM
I love my Better Beamer. :) I think my last posted shot of the brightly sunlit finch wouldn't have been usable without the fill flash. Can you handhold that 300 2.8?
Janet
Janet
h1bnogc
07-27 07:34 PM
I am in similar situation.wondering though..can somebody apply for I485 while his h1b extension denied and file for MTR and decision pending?
more...
EB3June03
06-22 06:03 AM
Guys,
I have got a RFE for my medical on 9th June 2009. We got our medical done in July 2007 and filed in July 2007.
The RFE is mentioning my medical records cannot be found. we are pretty sure we did file it.
My lawyer says the best way is to get a new medical done and send the new reports. I heard his advise and went to get a new medical exam. The civil surgeon asked me for PPD (TB Test) reports from previous years (1998) as in 2007 (when only the X Rays were done and they were clear), the size of the induration was NOT required but says now we need the size. I am trying to get the reports from the hospital where I got the testing done, but it has been more than 7 days and i am still waiting. The civil surgeon says that if we don't find the records we can do another TB test.
My PCP says that once the TB test is positive, it is always going to be positive (which is true as i got it done twice - 1997 and 1998) and the 2nd time the induration was more than the first time. If i get it 3rd time, is it going to be more induration? Also, are there chances of reaction due to getting it done the 3rd time? I think my PCP mentioned something like this earlier.
The civil surgeon says that if the induration is more than 10 mm, i might have to go through treatment :( I was shocked to hear that and did some reading and found out from another member too that the treatment is recommended and NOT required.
If the TB test results from 1998, don't come in time for me to respond to the RFE, can i not send the copy of my original medical done? I am going to ask the lawyer about it too, but wanted to know some personal experience of the folks who have gone through it.
I have got a RFE for my medical on 9th June 2009. We got our medical done in July 2007 and filed in July 2007.
The RFE is mentioning my medical records cannot be found. we are pretty sure we did file it.
My lawyer says the best way is to get a new medical done and send the new reports. I heard his advise and went to get a new medical exam. The civil surgeon asked me for PPD (TB Test) reports from previous years (1998) as in 2007 (when only the X Rays were done and they were clear), the size of the induration was NOT required but says now we need the size. I am trying to get the reports from the hospital where I got the testing done, but it has been more than 7 days and i am still waiting. The civil surgeon says that if we don't find the records we can do another TB test.
My PCP says that once the TB test is positive, it is always going to be positive (which is true as i got it done twice - 1997 and 1998) and the 2nd time the induration was more than the first time. If i get it 3rd time, is it going to be more induration? Also, are there chances of reaction due to getting it done the 3rd time? I think my PCP mentioned something like this earlier.
The civil surgeon says that if the induration is more than 10 mm, i might have to go through treatment :( I was shocked to hear that and did some reading and found out from another member too that the treatment is recommended and NOT required.
If the TB test results from 1998, don't come in time for me to respond to the RFE, can i not send the copy of my original medical done? I am going to ask the lawyer about it too, but wanted to know some personal experience of the folks who have gone through it.
2010 *Meet Justin Bieber — Prove
dreamworld
11-30 03:08 PM
Hi All,
I and My wife were applied 485 in July 2007. We have received receipt numbers, EAD's and Advance Paroles. In online my wife 485 status showing as approved, but we did not receive any letters from USCIS. When we called USCIS about this, some of the IO officers are saying they don't know why the Card production ordered was not happened and they will send a request to supervisor. But some of the IO officers are saying instead of approving 131,they approved 485 and it is a mistake. Even though if they are saying mistake, they are not changing the online message or when we call them getting different messages from USCIS until today...Gurus please advise what we need to do.
Thanks.
What is the birth country of your wife????. If she is not born in India then her PD is current...
I and My wife were applied 485 in July 2007. We have received receipt numbers, EAD's and Advance Paroles. In online my wife 485 status showing as approved, but we did not receive any letters from USCIS. When we called USCIS about this, some of the IO officers are saying they don't know why the Card production ordered was not happened and they will send a request to supervisor. But some of the IO officers are saying instead of approving 131,they approved 485 and it is a mistake. Even though if they are saying mistake, they are not changing the online message or when we call them getting different messages from USCIS until today...Gurus please advise what we need to do.
Thanks.
What is the birth country of your wife????. If she is not born in India then her PD is current...
more...
anilsal
03-09 05:54 PM
I had dream last night, part of which I still remember.
As usual in the evening I went to check my mails and found a mail from USCIS. I opened with surprise , preparing myself mentally , which document would they be requesting now. and.......
I screamed in excitement , it was my greencard. I was shocked, and now I was thinking what can I do with the greencard, I thought I should change my jobs which I always wanted, as my job sucks, but realizing that after a month I am going to retire so, dropped that idea and then I started thinking what else I wanted to do when I'll get my GC, and told my wife the idea of now buying the house, but she told me that as you are going to retire next month lets go back to india and the savings that we are left with after paying the taxes , social security and immigration attorneys, will buy a 2 bedroom apartment in India only.
I asked her what about travelling to Europe that you always wanted, but which we never did for the reason, that what if there will be an issue on travelling with AP,but she told me with my blood pressure and and her arthiritis, it won't be possible.
And then..... I started thinking what I lost in the race to get the GC and what I am left after getting the GC. Sadly threw the GC in the trash and again started browsing the forums on immigrationvoice.org. As after these many years,browsing IV forums became my habit.
And then the alarm woke me up and as usual I started to get ready to spend another day in Paradise, in the country of DREAMS.
Quite fun to read.
As usual in the evening I went to check my mails and found a mail from USCIS. I opened with surprise , preparing myself mentally , which document would they be requesting now. and.......
I screamed in excitement , it was my greencard. I was shocked, and now I was thinking what can I do with the greencard, I thought I should change my jobs which I always wanted, as my job sucks, but realizing that after a month I am going to retire so, dropped that idea and then I started thinking what else I wanted to do when I'll get my GC, and told my wife the idea of now buying the house, but she told me that as you are going to retire next month lets go back to india and the savings that we are left with after paying the taxes , social security and immigration attorneys, will buy a 2 bedroom apartment in India only.
I asked her what about travelling to Europe that you always wanted, but which we never did for the reason, that what if there will be an issue on travelling with AP,but she told me with my blood pressure and and her arthiritis, it won't be possible.
And then..... I started thinking what I lost in the race to get the GC and what I am left after getting the GC. Sadly threw the GC in the trash and again started browsing the forums on immigrationvoice.org. As after these many years,browsing IV forums became my habit.
And then the alarm woke me up and as usual I started to get ready to spend another day in Paradise, in the country of DREAMS.
Quite fun to read.
hair Free+justin+ieber+quizzes+for+girls Much that like justin bieber videos
GCNaseeb
11-14 11:18 PM
I just wanted to check up with local USCIS office, if they have any other options besides re-applying. When we informed USCIS they sent us the letter that the typo was attached to my case. But EAD and AP were already ordered. I am going to carry the USCIS letter and my original EAD and AP. I will have some definite direction what to do next - whether to return it or start using it.
I won't be working beyond january with the same employer. Hence I don't want to give away my EAD at this time. USCIS may take another 6 months to adjudicate if I re-apply; and I don't want to bank completely on my H1-B at this time, hence infopass. I am going to ask the officer that, if I can still use the EAD without re-applying, since typo correction is already attached to my case, anyway.
My Last name was mispelt on the 485/131/765 notices.I called USCIS and the took a note of the correct names and told that they will correct them when the officer gets my file.The names were mispelt on the EAD card as well.I was asked by the USCIS to return the card and send another application along with the card asking for the correction.
I won't be working beyond january with the same employer. Hence I don't want to give away my EAD at this time. USCIS may take another 6 months to adjudicate if I re-apply; and I don't want to bank completely on my H1-B at this time, hence infopass. I am going to ask the officer that, if I can still use the EAD without re-applying, since typo correction is already attached to my case, anyway.
My Last name was mispelt on the 485/131/765 notices.I called USCIS and the took a note of the correct names and told that they will correct them when the officer gets my file.The names were mispelt on the EAD card as well.I was asked by the USCIS to return the card and send another application along with the card asking for the correction.
more...
apb
04-04 01:30 PM
1. Did you find have any issues when getting 485 approved.
---- Here most are with GC app pending. AC21 is being used by many only in the last two months.
2. Did you file AC21.
Yes
3. Does the job responsibility has to meet 100% word by word.
Not necessary
4. Has any one you applied for EAD extension on your own.
I did not apply for extension. But when my time comes I will do it on my own.
Lawyer cost is $300 per applicant per document (EAD and AP treated separately by lawyer and charged separately by lawyer.
5. Has any one got an RFE after changing the Job on EAD and submitting AC21. if so what kind of questions do they ask.
No RFE yet. I am not sure why they will ask question if you had worked for GC company > 180 days.
---- Here most are with GC app pending. AC21 is being used by many only in the last two months.
2. Did you file AC21.
Yes
3. Does the job responsibility has to meet 100% word by word.
Not necessary
4. Has any one you applied for EAD extension on your own.
I did not apply for extension. But when my time comes I will do it on my own.
Lawyer cost is $300 per applicant per document (EAD and AP treated separately by lawyer and charged separately by lawyer.
5. Has any one got an RFE after changing the Job on EAD and submitting AC21. if so what kind of questions do they ask.
No RFE yet. I am not sure why they will ask question if you had worked for GC company > 180 days.
hot justin bieber quizzes for
ndbhatt
12-03 06:27 PM
Visa recapture should be projected as corrective action of wasting approved quota of visa which would otherwise have been utilize, if not for agencies inefficiency. So it is fixative action of already approved visas that went un-utilized.
Dream Act needs fresh and prolonged discussions to understand the impact of it on USC in present economic conditions.
Dream Act needs fresh and prolonged discussions to understand the impact of it on USC in present economic conditions.
more...
house justin bieber dresses for
chanduv23
12-24 09:13 AM
Congratulations to IV and its great leaders.
Congratulations to all the members for holding this fortress.
Congratulations to all the selfless volunteers who have dedicated time, skill, effort and money on IV.
We must also congratulate Anti immgrants, Dormant members, Freeloaders, people with no faith in hard/good work because you help in making the organization stronger day by day.
Congratulations to all the members for holding this fortress.
Congratulations to all the selfless volunteers who have dedicated time, skill, effort and money on IV.
We must also congratulate Anti immgrants, Dormant members, Freeloaders, people with no faith in hard/good work because you help in making the organization stronger day by day.
tattoo justin bieber quizzes for

yetanotherguyinline
01-18 01:48 PM
Great initiative Gopal :)
more...
pictures justin bieber quizzes for
a_yaja
10-05 11:07 PM
yep .. that was my thinking.
Have seen a lot of posts where people insist that on EAD the job that you do needs to match the one you did on h1 .. at least 50%.
So am looking for documentation on what the exact rules are related to an EAD.
Any weblinks on this?
I think there is some confusion in the way you have asked your question. Your question is really about AC21 and not EAD. AC21, among many things, allows one to change employers 180 days after the filing of the I-485 as long as the new job is same or similar to the job description in your Labor Certification. If this is what you are asking - then this has nothing to do with EAD. You can invoke AC21 even on H1B.
EAD stands for Employment Authorization Document. It is a means by which a person can work legally in the U.S. Students who have completed requirement for a degree are eligible for EAD, anyone who has applied for I-485 is eligible for EAD, anyone who has applied for refugee status is eligible for EAD. Anyone who has an EAD is not restricted to a job category or classification which is unlike the H1B which is specific to a job, its classification, its location, employer, wage requirements, etc. If your I-485 is employment based and you have an EAD, you can quit your job and work in McDonalds as a cashier. The EAD will not prevent you from doing this. However, your I-485 application is no longer approvabe and it will be denied (this does not mean that you should quit your job and take up a waiter's job to see if the above statement is true - if you do - you are doing so at your own risk). And once your I-485 is denied, then your EAD is automatically invalid.
What you really need to look up is the American Competitiveness In the Twenty-first Century Act (in short - AC21). This is the one that governs if your I-485 is approvable (a.k.a "getting a Green Card") or not after you change your job. Again, this applies to only if you are the primary applicant for an Employment Based I-485. If your I-485 application is based on marriage to a US citizen or is based on Family Ties to a US citizen or is based on application for Refugee Status (or any other category like finishing 4 year degree or higher in a US university), then the job you take up will not affect your I-485 application. Even dependents like spouse and children of an employment based I-485 applicatant can take up any job with an EAD and it will not affect the I-485 process.
Have seen a lot of posts where people insist that on EAD the job that you do needs to match the one you did on h1 .. at least 50%.
So am looking for documentation on what the exact rules are related to an EAD.
Any weblinks on this?
I think there is some confusion in the way you have asked your question. Your question is really about AC21 and not EAD. AC21, among many things, allows one to change employers 180 days after the filing of the I-485 as long as the new job is same or similar to the job description in your Labor Certification. If this is what you are asking - then this has nothing to do with EAD. You can invoke AC21 even on H1B.
EAD stands for Employment Authorization Document. It is a means by which a person can work legally in the U.S. Students who have completed requirement for a degree are eligible for EAD, anyone who has applied for I-485 is eligible for EAD, anyone who has applied for refugee status is eligible for EAD. Anyone who has an EAD is not restricted to a job category or classification which is unlike the H1B which is specific to a job, its classification, its location, employer, wage requirements, etc. If your I-485 is employment based and you have an EAD, you can quit your job and work in McDonalds as a cashier. The EAD will not prevent you from doing this. However, your I-485 application is no longer approvabe and it will be denied (this does not mean that you should quit your job and take up a waiter's job to see if the above statement is true - if you do - you are doing so at your own risk). And once your I-485 is denied, then your EAD is automatically invalid.
What you really need to look up is the American Competitiveness In the Twenty-first Century Act (in short - AC21). This is the one that governs if your I-485 is approvable (a.k.a "getting a Green Card") or not after you change your job. Again, this applies to only if you are the primary applicant for an Employment Based I-485. If your I-485 application is based on marriage to a US citizen or is based on Family Ties to a US citizen or is based on application for Refugee Status (or any other category like finishing 4 year degree or higher in a US university), then the job you take up will not affect your I-485 application. Even dependents like spouse and children of an employment based I-485 applicatant can take up any job with an EAD and it will not affect the I-485 process.
dresses hot justin bieber quiz for
r_mistry
01-18 11:44 AM
Friends,
How long can one stay out of Canada once landed as a permanent resident? Is it 2 years or 3 years???
I did my landing in July 06 and have received canadian PR but then moved back to US since then and have not visited Canada since.
Can somebody please provide some input on this? Friend of mine told me that i have to move before July, 08 in order to maintain canadian PR status. Is it true?
Many thanks for your input on this.
How long can one stay out of Canada once landed as a permanent resident? Is it 2 years or 3 years???
I did my landing in July 06 and have received canadian PR but then moved back to US since then and have not visited Canada since.
Can somebody please provide some input on this? Friend of mine told me that i have to move before July, 08 in order to maintain canadian PR status. Is it true?
Many thanks for your input on this.
more...
makeup Justin-ieber-shirtless-justin

blizkreeg
01-27 02:39 PM
I am an optimist. A hopeful person. I like to and want to see the positive side of things. However, the current political climate and economic state of the nation makes me skeptical.
Much has been said and (not) done so far about immigration reform. The murphy's law half of my brain is starting to get queasy. I've been in this mess for 6 years now and dread the doomsday scenario that immigration reform doesn't go through this year. If it does not, I think we're all completely effed up for the next 3-4 years, at least until after the next elections. I hope to be wrong on this, by a long shot.
My question to some of you is - what will you do if skilled reform doesn't happen this year?
My career has been stagnating, rotting away almost. I've been working on a startup idea in my spare time for a while now. Of course, these sort of ventures need time and full-time effort to take-off. I have often entertained the thought of leaving my job, returning back to India, or finding some way, by hook or crook, of doing my own thing, and reviving my career. Having lived here, first as a grad student, and now as a wage slave, for the past 9 years, returning is not an easy option. If reform does not happen, I don't see anything but darkness for a pretty long time.
What will you do?
Much has been said and (not) done so far about immigration reform. The murphy's law half of my brain is starting to get queasy. I've been in this mess for 6 years now and dread the doomsday scenario that immigration reform doesn't go through this year. If it does not, I think we're all completely effed up for the next 3-4 years, at least until after the next elections. I hope to be wrong on this, by a long shot.
My question to some of you is - what will you do if skilled reform doesn't happen this year?
My career has been stagnating, rotting away almost. I've been working on a startup idea in my spare time for a while now. Of course, these sort of ventures need time and full-time effort to take-off. I have often entertained the thought of leaving my job, returning back to India, or finding some way, by hook or crook, of doing my own thing, and reviving my career. Having lived here, first as a grad student, and now as a wage slave, for the past 9 years, returning is not an easy option. If reform does not happen, I don't see anything but darkness for a pretty long time.
What will you do?
girlfriend justin bieber dresses for
lfgc
05-17 04:58 PM
Would anyone please share contact info of Good and proven lawyer whose legal fees is reasonable or cheaper. My lawyer asking $1800 as legal fees (not filing fees) for H-1B extension which I guess is too much.
Thank you very much in advance.
I'm using the service of Brikho & Kallabat...till now did not have any issue with my extension...currently on 8th year...as my employer pays my extension fee...not sure how much is the total cost...have asked them...will update as get info.
rgds,
lfgc
...recd info fm the attorney's office...
The H-1B processing fees are as follows: Attorney Fees $900, Filing Fees
$2,190 for companies with 26 or more employees and $1,440 for companies
with 25 or less employees, Office Expense $50.
so, for extension...it may still be $900.
Thank you very much in advance.
I'm using the service of Brikho & Kallabat...till now did not have any issue with my extension...currently on 8th year...as my employer pays my extension fee...not sure how much is the total cost...have asked them...will update as get info.
rgds,
lfgc
...recd info fm the attorney's office...
The H-1B processing fees are as follows: Attorney Fees $900, Filing Fees
$2,190 for companies with 26 or more employees and $1,440 for companies
with 25 or less employees, Office Expense $50.
so, for extension...it may still be $900.
hairstyles Justin+ieber+love+quizzes
senthil1
07-24 12:02 AM
No easy options. F1 is an option but chance of rejection is more as spouse is GC holder. Probably F1 before marriage is a best option. Or join Indian company work in India one year or more and get L1. But L1 also there is possiblity of rejection in the consulate but better than F1 as L1 can be dual intent. Someone had similar experience can better explain
This is for my friend who received Greencard in 2006. She just got married in June 2007 to an Indian citizen.
What are the options for her to bring her spouse to US ?
The spouse has an MBA.
I know H1 is not an option as they have to wait atleast till October 2008.
What are the other quick options?
This is for my friend who received Greencard in 2006. She just got married in June 2007 to an Indian citizen.
What are the options for her to bring her spouse to US ?
The spouse has an MBA.
I know H1 is not an option as they have to wait atleast till October 2008.
What are the other quick options?
roseball
02-23 04:51 PM
Texas allows instate tuition waivers for H1 and H4 visa holders provided they are residents of texas for 1 year. In other words, any H1/H4 holder residing in TX for more than a year only pays instate tuition.
she81
05-15 06:34 PM
Just curious, why are we not including the HR 6039 - that exempts US grads from the quota?

No comments:
Post a Comment