alterego
02-11 06:07 PM
A good article supporting a sensible plan.
One minor correction however.
"Suppose half of these persons wish to purchase a home. If they were permitted to make a 20 percent down payment on a private home (and the average cost of a home in the U.S. today is approximately $200,000), this would result in a net financial gain of $1.6 billion immediately for American banks, not to mention improving the dismal real estate market in many areas of the country."
The figure quoted as 1.6 billion actually comes out to 16 Billion dollars if you do the math explained.
One minor correction however.
"Suppose half of these persons wish to purchase a home. If they were permitted to make a 20 percent down payment on a private home (and the average cost of a home in the U.S. today is approximately $200,000), this would result in a net financial gain of $1.6 billion immediately for American banks, not to mention improving the dismal real estate market in many areas of the country."
The figure quoted as 1.6 billion actually comes out to 16 Billion dollars if you do the math explained.
wallpaper brunette Cameron Diaz
walking_dude
11-21 11:49 AM
Well, the majority of cubans coming in are families of those US citizens. It's what the antis call disparagingly as "Chain Immigration".
And, if you are missing it, those coming in as refugees are seen as "future vote bank" once they get citizenship. Similar to Bangladeshi immigrants in West Bengal.
And, if you are missing it, those coming in as refugees are seen as "future vote bank" once they get citizenship. Similar to Bangladeshi immigrants in West Bengal.
HOPE_GC_SOON
07-17 12:48 PM
Its too much of waste of a time, on this thread, and misleading all the time, llooking for some interesting news, like processing times.
Guys: Can we stop this somehow, and DO Focuson other major news.
Thanks
Admin should have closed this thread by now.
Thanks.
Guys: Can we stop this somehow, and DO Focuson other major news.
Thanks
Admin should have closed this thread by now.
Thanks.
2011 Cameron Diaz is quot;openquot; about
GCin2050
07-10 05:33 PM
Great,
We need more people going to press and television with stories of how it affects us and then following it up with Senators and Congressman of their district. This will create more awareness with human face and emotion behind the issue. After all this is what illegal aliens did, they took out rallies and ran stories of how families will be separated, they have worked for years, their kid is US citizen but parents are illegal and deporting them is not good, they are hardworking, church going people. We need to replicate that thrust on our issues. I think this should be the next drive of the media campaign - Personal Stories.
We need to highlight how july bulletin affected us and more importantly we were not allowed to file. Also, all of us need to join the class action lawsuit without fear. United we stand, divided we fall.
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,680197801,00.html
Workers feeling cheated by green-card reversal
By Deborah Bulkeley
Deseret Morning News
A surprise government announcement that there were plenty of employer-sponsored green cards available raised Mehul Kapadia's hopes that his wait for permanent residency was finally over.
But then, a sudden announcement that no new green cards will be issued for highly skilled workers until fall has Kapadia wondering if he'll ever find stability in America.
The State Department announced last month that employment visa numbers were available for all people seeking employer-sponsored green cards, except unskilled workers.
Applicants often wait years for those numbers. Kapadia, an Ogden software engineer originally from India, says he's been in line since Dec. 16, 2003.
For now, he's a legal worker with a temporary visa. So, when he saw he could apply for the green card number, Kapadia underwent the required medical exam and submitted his documentation July 2, the first day it could be submitted.
Then, that same day, the State Department issued an update stating that "sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services during the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 employment numbers." The department called the backlog reduction an "unexpected action" and said employment visa numbers would be available again Oct. 1.
CIS had been working since May to reduce a backlog in applications it already has on file, said Bill Wright, spokesman for the agency.
"There's a numerical limitation of roughly 147,000 visas available (annually)," he said. "Once we met that numerical limitation, we requested that the State Department post a brand new, revised bulletin that anything after that is no longer eligible."
The State Department had originally posted the bulletin to ensure that all available visas for the fiscal year would be issued, said Steve Royster, State Department spokesman for consular affairs. Last year, he said, roughly 10,000 such visas weren't issued.
"Processing visas on file with CIS is going to benefit all the applicants in the pool, and this will ensure the entire allotment of visas for 2007 will be used," he said.
But Kapadia now says he feels cheated by two federal agencies that said one thing one day and another the next.
"Nobody knows what happened," he said. "This was kind of a big rejection and sense of being let down, but for what? We still can't comprehend why they acted in this extraordinary manner."
Kapadia isn't alone. Tens of thousands of people who work in the United States under employment visas and their families were affected by the change, said Crystal Williams, associate director for programs at the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
"There are people who flew to the United States so they could apply and had their families fly back. They paid attorney fees," Williams said.
AILA's sister organization, the American Immigration Law Foundation, is considering a lawsuit against the two federal agencies, Williams said.
"We've gone back now about 25 years and have never found a situation in which a bulletin was revised after the first of the month," she said.
Neither Royster nor Wright would comment on potential litigation. Wright suggested that anyone who filed an application on July 2 contact their local CIS office to find out the status.
The fee to apply for a green card increases July 30 from $395 to $1,010, including a fingerprinting fee.
Kapadia says he isn't worried about the fee hike so much as the freedom he'd receive with permanent residency. He'd be able to travel internationally without restrictions, and establish residency to study for a master's degree. He and his wife would be able to remain in the country if he loses his job, and they'd eventually be able to apply for citizenship.
"It's kind of a golden cage we are in. We are free, we are in America, but we are stopped from doing anything," he said. "I am looking for the American dream, but it is looking like more of a mirage."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributing: The Associated Press
E-mail: dbulkeley@desnews.com
We need more people going to press and television with stories of how it affects us and then following it up with Senators and Congressman of their district. This will create more awareness with human face and emotion behind the issue. After all this is what illegal aliens did, they took out rallies and ran stories of how families will be separated, they have worked for years, their kid is US citizen but parents are illegal and deporting them is not good, they are hardworking, church going people. We need to replicate that thrust on our issues. I think this should be the next drive of the media campaign - Personal Stories.
We need to highlight how july bulletin affected us and more importantly we were not allowed to file. Also, all of us need to join the class action lawsuit without fear. United we stand, divided we fall.
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,680197801,00.html
Workers feeling cheated by green-card reversal
By Deborah Bulkeley
Deseret Morning News
A surprise government announcement that there were plenty of employer-sponsored green cards available raised Mehul Kapadia's hopes that his wait for permanent residency was finally over.
But then, a sudden announcement that no new green cards will be issued for highly skilled workers until fall has Kapadia wondering if he'll ever find stability in America.
The State Department announced last month that employment visa numbers were available for all people seeking employer-sponsored green cards, except unskilled workers.
Applicants often wait years for those numbers. Kapadia, an Ogden software engineer originally from India, says he's been in line since Dec. 16, 2003.
For now, he's a legal worker with a temporary visa. So, when he saw he could apply for the green card number, Kapadia underwent the required medical exam and submitted his documentation July 2, the first day it could be submitted.
Then, that same day, the State Department issued an update stating that "sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services during the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 employment numbers." The department called the backlog reduction an "unexpected action" and said employment visa numbers would be available again Oct. 1.
CIS had been working since May to reduce a backlog in applications it already has on file, said Bill Wright, spokesman for the agency.
"There's a numerical limitation of roughly 147,000 visas available (annually)," he said. "Once we met that numerical limitation, we requested that the State Department post a brand new, revised bulletin that anything after that is no longer eligible."
The State Department had originally posted the bulletin to ensure that all available visas for the fiscal year would be issued, said Steve Royster, State Department spokesman for consular affairs. Last year, he said, roughly 10,000 such visas weren't issued.
"Processing visas on file with CIS is going to benefit all the applicants in the pool, and this will ensure the entire allotment of visas for 2007 will be used," he said.
But Kapadia now says he feels cheated by two federal agencies that said one thing one day and another the next.
"Nobody knows what happened," he said. "This was kind of a big rejection and sense of being let down, but for what? We still can't comprehend why they acted in this extraordinary manner."
Kapadia isn't alone. Tens of thousands of people who work in the United States under employment visas and their families were affected by the change, said Crystal Williams, associate director for programs at the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
"There are people who flew to the United States so they could apply and had their families fly back. They paid attorney fees," Williams said.
AILA's sister organization, the American Immigration Law Foundation, is considering a lawsuit against the two federal agencies, Williams said.
"We've gone back now about 25 years and have never found a situation in which a bulletin was revised after the first of the month," she said.
Neither Royster nor Wright would comment on potential litigation. Wright suggested that anyone who filed an application on July 2 contact their local CIS office to find out the status.
The fee to apply for a green card increases July 30 from $395 to $1,010, including a fingerprinting fee.
Kapadia says he isn't worried about the fee hike so much as the freedom he'd receive with permanent residency. He'd be able to travel internationally without restrictions, and establish residency to study for a master's degree. He and his wife would be able to remain in the country if he loses his job, and they'd eventually be able to apply for citizenship.
"It's kind of a golden cage we are in. We are free, we are in America, but we are stopped from doing anything," he said. "I am looking for the American dream, but it is looking like more of a mirage."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributing: The Associated Press
E-mail: dbulkeley@desnews.com
more...
GC_1000Watt
05-23 02:25 PM
AFAIK DS 156 and DS !57 are no longer required. These have been replaced with DS 160.
My last experience in Mumbai consulate was 2 years back after I changed job and went to India. My experience was very good -- not a single question asked . An Indian lady called me and said your Visa is issued. Collected Passport in evening at VFS Office (BTW, there is a very long queue for passport collection)
However, I do not work for consulting company, never worked for any Desi Consulting and I already had a couple of H1 and L1 visa stamps in my passport.
I am travelling again now but avoiding the hassle of stamping. Returning with current stamp whcih will be valid for 10 more days after my return (I already have the extended 797)
You were right in saying that DS 156 & DS 157 is no longer required. Here is the link
General Information- Consulate General of the United States Mumbai, India (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/general_information.html)
BTW what is this PIMS thing? Do I have to do anything regarding PIMS before taking the apoointment for VISA interview or before/during the actual interview?
My last experience in Mumbai consulate was 2 years back after I changed job and went to India. My experience was very good -- not a single question asked . An Indian lady called me and said your Visa is issued. Collected Passport in evening at VFS Office (BTW, there is a very long queue for passport collection)
However, I do not work for consulting company, never worked for any Desi Consulting and I already had a couple of H1 and L1 visa stamps in my passport.
I am travelling again now but avoiding the hassle of stamping. Returning with current stamp whcih will be valid for 10 more days after my return (I already have the extended 797)
You were right in saying that DS 156 & DS 157 is no longer required. Here is the link
General Information- Consulate General of the United States Mumbai, India (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/general_information.html)
BTW what is this PIMS thing? Do I have to do anything regarding PIMS before taking the apoointment for VISA interview or before/during the actual interview?
humsuplou
11-30 10:42 PM
Hi,
Can someone please kindly share their experince in this matter? I really need some advice.
Thanks!!
Can someone please kindly share their experince in this matter? I really need some advice.
Thanks!!
more...
hsd31
05-12 10:04 AM
Please search the forums. This has been discussed multiple times (and frowned upon by some multiple times :)). The gist of it is: it is not your qualifications, but the Job requirements that determine if it is EB2 or EB3. Also, you cannot count the experience you have gained with your employer when filing for GC with the same employer. Moreover, since the July 07 fiasco, EB2 filings for tech jobs are been closely looked at by USCIS and can be subject to a Business Necessity RFE, unless the position is on the Managerial side of things. The best advice I can give you is: Consult with your lawyer since each case is unique and there could be justification for a port in certain cases.
2010 Cameron Diaz turned heads at
check_rd
07-10 05:57 PM
I am in the same suitation my wife wants to stay home for few years, currently she is on H1B and we are planning to convert to H4 . Why does one have to wait for a new H1B since she already had a H1B can't she get H1B any time without having to wait for the quota to open ?
more...
hoolahoous
04-17 01:19 PM
when I travelled aboard last two times, I went to Citizen's line (my daughter is citizen and I am on H1b) and IO didn't have any issue at all.
hair holiday. cameron diaz hair
milind70
08-28 09:33 AM
what would happen if the approved labor is NOT signed and attached to the I 140. Any experiences like this?
what do u mean by approved labor not signed??
Labour approval is approved by DOL .
It needs to be attached to 140 application.
140 application needs to signed by employer or by attorney in case a G 28 is signed by the employer.
485 is to signed by you or by attrnoney in case a G 28 is signed by you
what do u mean by approved labor not signed??
Labour approval is approved by DOL .
It needs to be attached to 140 application.
140 application needs to signed by employer or by attorney in case a G 28 is signed by the employer.
485 is to signed by you or by attrnoney in case a G 28 is signed by you
more...
Abhinaym
05-14 09:28 AM
My H1 sponsor informed me that the check he submitted along with my application on Wednesday 5/7 - Non-masters non-premium processing:)
Even my friend's application check seems to have been deposited by USCIS, does that mean that the case is selected in the lottery? (Or is there any other scenario?).
Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw some light on this.
Update:
I just verified that there is a receipt number on the back of the check, so that's the EAC/WAC number!
Even my friend's application check seems to have been deposited by USCIS, does that mean that the case is selected in the lottery? (Or is there any other scenario?).
Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw some light on this.
Update:
I just verified that there is a receipt number on the back of the check, so that's the EAC/WAC number!
hot house cameron diaz hair
dingudi
12-31 10:01 PM
No FP yet. Called TSC N number of times. Opened SR long ago. Got SR response letter but no FP notice.
I-485: July 2nd TSC
Online ND: Sept 10,2007
I-485: July 2nd TSC
Online ND: Sept 10,2007
more...
house 2010 cameron diaz hair holiday
lazycis
12-21 06:53 PM
I applied I-140 with a substitution labor in May'07. Then I applied I-485 on July2nd,2007. Got EAD on Aug20th. Two months back my I-140 was approved. Now I am on EAD. I am working with a very good financial corporation which they are asking me to join as full-time from Jan1st2008. I told my manager that I can join as a full-time from Feb20th 2008. Can any one throw some light on these doubts?
1. What happens if I move before 180 days of EAD to this new company and send AC21 to USCIS after finishing 180 days on EAD?
2. If I moved after 180 days what kind of queries we get from USCIS on AC21?
3. Do we need to make sure my employer also agrees what we are doing? What kind of documents we need from the existing employer?
4. Does my new company has to give same exact responsibilities as my labor certificate?
I would appreciate if any one replies to these posts. Thanks in advance.
1. Technically you can start working for a new employer from January 2nd (180 days after I-485 received date). It does not matter when you've got EAD.
2. If you do not notify the USCIS and you current employer won't withdraw I-140, the USCIS will never know about the job change.
3. See #2. You have to make sure they will not withdraw I-140. AC21 or not, it's in your best interest to leave on good terms.
4. Not really. Make sure job title or responsibilities/duties are same or similar. It does not have to be 100% match.
1. What happens if I move before 180 days of EAD to this new company and send AC21 to USCIS after finishing 180 days on EAD?
2. If I moved after 180 days what kind of queries we get from USCIS on AC21?
3. Do we need to make sure my employer also agrees what we are doing? What kind of documents we need from the existing employer?
4. Does my new company has to give same exact responsibilities as my labor certificate?
I would appreciate if any one replies to these posts. Thanks in advance.
1. Technically you can start working for a new employer from January 2nd (180 days after I-485 received date). It does not matter when you've got EAD.
2. If you do not notify the USCIS and you current employer won't withdraw I-140, the USCIS will never know about the job change.
3. See #2. You have to make sure they will not withdraw I-140. AC21 or not, it's in your best interest to leave on good terms.
4. Not really. Make sure job title or responsibilities/duties are same or similar. It does not have to be 100% match.
tattoo cameron diaz hair holiday.
chanduv23
12-08 11:32 PM
Come on fellow IVans
Just CONTRIBUTE CONTRIBUTE CONTRIBUTE
Just CONTRIBUTE CONTRIBUTE CONTRIBUTE
more...
pictures cameron diaz hair holiday.
rssm10
06-01 02:37 PM
I have got the I-485 denial notice. I am the primary applicant and my wife is dependent application. The denial notice was based on an RFE which was not responded (Basically neither my lawyer nor ourselves received the RFE notice, we directly
received the denial notice). Before we got the 485 denial notice, our status are as follows:
Myself : WOrking on H1 B (Primary Applicant)
Wife : Working on EAD.
Attorney sent the necessary paper work to USCIS 2 weeks back.2 weeks passed away and there is no update from USCIS. The status online still says that the I485 is denied.
1)Can my wife continue to work on EAD ?
2)What is the status of the EAD now ?
3)Should we have to wait for the case to be reopened before she can join work on EAD ?
received the denial notice). Before we got the 485 denial notice, our status are as follows:
Myself : WOrking on H1 B (Primary Applicant)
Wife : Working on EAD.
Attorney sent the necessary paper work to USCIS 2 weeks back.2 weeks passed away and there is no update from USCIS. The status online still says that the I485 is denied.
1)Can my wife continue to work on EAD ?
2)What is the status of the EAD now ?
3)Should we have to wait for the case to be reopened before she can join work on EAD ?
dresses Cameron Diaz Hairstyle
mohitb272
11-06 11:54 AM
Hi,
did u gout ur receipt notice. I am still wating on my receipt. I called USCIS yesterday still not there in the system.
Please let me know if u got ur receipt number.
any one else who are wating on receipt number who filed I-485 on july 2nd.
Did your checks get encashed?
did u gout ur receipt notice. I am still wating on my receipt. I called USCIS yesterday still not there in the system.
Please let me know if u got ur receipt number.
any one else who are wating on receipt number who filed I-485 on july 2nd.
Did your checks get encashed?
more...
makeup Cameron Diaz works volumised
Maverick_2008
04-07 05:59 PM
Not trying to set a precedence at all but just sharing my personal experiences. What happened to me may not happen to others - so, better to follow the right process/protocol. Whether it has any impact on 485 or not is unknown to me (unlike you, I don't know anyone who has had any issues as a result of I-94) but holding the document back deliberately at the point of departure won't do much good for sure.
Maverick_2008
Rules change , processes change, dont set a precedence by saying not retuning is fine ,in my opinion it is better to return the I 94 .If they decide to closely scrutinize your case you could be issued RFE to submit all the copies of all I 94s and question you . I 94s serve a purpose , you are lucky that you had no issues , I have had seen a few friends who did not realise the importance of I 94 had to go thru major hassles due to it. I 94 is an improtant document please dont treat this matter lightly. I 94 defines the legal status and the length of your stay in thus country.
Airline staff can make mistakes thats why it is always better to make copy of the I 94 and keep for you records, the burden on proof is on you and not USCIS to show that you were legal status in this country all the while.
Maverick_2008
Rules change , processes change, dont set a precedence by saying not retuning is fine ,in my opinion it is better to return the I 94 .If they decide to closely scrutinize your case you could be issued RFE to submit all the copies of all I 94s and question you . I 94s serve a purpose , you are lucky that you had no issues , I have had seen a few friends who did not realise the importance of I 94 had to go thru major hassles due to it. I 94 is an improtant document please dont treat this matter lightly. I 94 defines the legal status and the length of your stay in thus country.
Airline staff can make mistakes thats why it is always better to make copy of the I 94 and keep for you records, the burden on proof is on you and not USCIS to show that you were legal status in this country all the while.
girlfriend 2011 makeup cameron diaz hair
gkdgopi
08-30 05:01 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy the moment.
hairstyles cameron diaz hair holiday.
MerciesOfInjustices
03-25 09:09 AM
TOI is the champion of these kind of nonsense, after S.1932 was passed by the senate they published an article saying 'Good news, A bill for Green card increase, H1B increase ..... have been passed by U.S. lawmakers' with no mention of house hurdle etc. I fail to digest that the reporter who is writing the article doesn't know, after the bills get passed in the Senate they go to Congress. But it's TOI they can do that.
Write to TOI, the article is from a news agency but they should be talking about legal immigration issues more.
Write to TOI, the article is from a news agency but they should be talking about legal immigration issues more.
satishbsk
07-08 05:58 PM
How do u know that?
When I and my wife gave DNA, the volunteer who collected told that they collected 20 k so far and it is tough to get a match, and it might be only Indian DNA may match to Vinay.
When I and my wife gave DNA, the volunteer who collected told that they collected 20 k so far and it is tough to get a match, and it might be only Indian DNA may match to Vinay.
swashbuckler
06-17 12:00 AM
Hi,
This is the 6th year of my H1B visa going on and my max out calender date is in June-2011 (including the days spent outside USA). My Green Card application was supposed to file last year but because of economy and job market situation, my Employer did not apply at that time. Now my Employer is going to start GC processing in July/August-2010. But as per the DOL rules, my GC must have been applied before 365 days of max out calender date, to qualify for H1Bb Visa extension beyond 6 years. I have the questions below in this regard:
1. What happens if Labor is pending (not approved) on 6 years completion? My Employer says, in this scenario I have to depart USA for one year till the PERM is pending. What does it mean? Could you please give some more details about this scenario.
2. Would I get qualified for H1B Visa extension if Labor is approved before 6 years completion (i.e by June-2011)?
Kindly consider my situation and answer to my questions. Thank you in advance. I am very much worried and unable to concentrate at work because of the situation.
Regards,
swashbuckler
This is the 6th year of my H1B visa going on and my max out calender date is in June-2011 (including the days spent outside USA). My Green Card application was supposed to file last year but because of economy and job market situation, my Employer did not apply at that time. Now my Employer is going to start GC processing in July/August-2010. But as per the DOL rules, my GC must have been applied before 365 days of max out calender date, to qualify for H1Bb Visa extension beyond 6 years. I have the questions below in this regard:
1. What happens if Labor is pending (not approved) on 6 years completion? My Employer says, in this scenario I have to depart USA for one year till the PERM is pending. What does it mean? Could you please give some more details about this scenario.
2. Would I get qualified for H1B Visa extension if Labor is approved before 6 years completion (i.e by June-2011)?
Kindly consider my situation and answer to my questions. Thank you in advance. I am very much worried and unable to concentrate at work because of the situation.
Regards,
swashbuckler

No comments:
Post a Comment