vgc
07-26 10:37 AM
SA 2428. Mr. CORNYN submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill H.R. 2638, making appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2008, and for other purposes; which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:
At the appropriate place, insert the following:
SEC. __. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISAS.
(a) Recapture of Unused Employment-Based Immigrant Visas.--Section 106(d) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 (Public Law 106-313; 8 U.S.C. 1153 note) is amended--
(1) in paragraph (1)--
(A) by inserting ``1994, 1996, 1997, 1998,'' after ``available in fiscal year'';
(B) by striking ``or 2004'' and inserting ``2004, or 2006''; and
(C) by striking ``be available'' and all that follows and inserting the following: ``be available only to--
``(A) employment-based immigrants under paragraphs (1), (2), and (3) of section 203(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(b));
``(B) the family members accompanying or following to join such employment-based immigrants under section 203(d) of such Act; and
``(C) those immigrant workers who had petitions approved based on Schedule A, Group I under section 656.5 of title 20, Code of Federal Regulations, as promulgated by the Secretary of Labor.''; and
(2) in paragraph (2)--
(A) in subparagraph (A), by striking ``1999 through 2004'' and inserting ``1994, 1996 through 1998, 2001 through 2004, and 2006''; and
(B) in subparagraph (B), by amending clause (ii) to read as follows:
``(ii) DISTRIBUTION OF VISAS.--The total number of visas made available under paragraph (1) from unused visas from fiscal years 1994, 1996 through 1998, 2001 through 2004, and 2006 shall be distributed as follows:
``(I) The total number of visas made available for immigrant workers who had petitions approved based on Schedule A, Group I under section 656.5 of title 20, Code of Federal Regulations, as promulgated by the Secretary of Labor shall be 61,000.
``(II) The visas remaining from the total made available under subclause (I) shall be allocated to employment-based immigrants with approved petitions under paragraph (1), (2), or (3) of section 203(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (and their family members accompanying or following to join).''.
(b) H-1B Visa Availability.--Section 214(g)(1)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1184(g)(1)(A)) is amended--
(1) in clause (vi), by striking ``and'' at the end;
(2) by redesignating clause (vii) as clause (ix); and
(3) by inserting after clause (vi) the following:
[Page: S9966] GPO's PDF ``(vii) 65,000 in each of fiscal years 2004 through 2007;
``(viii) 115,000 in fiscal year 2008; and''.
At the appropriate place, insert the following:
SEC. __. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISAS.
(a) Recapture of Unused Employment-Based Immigrant Visas.--Section 106(d) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 (Public Law 106-313; 8 U.S.C. 1153 note) is amended--
(1) in paragraph (1)--
(A) by inserting ``1994, 1996, 1997, 1998,'' after ``available in fiscal year'';
(B) by striking ``or 2004'' and inserting ``2004, or 2006''; and
(C) by striking ``be available'' and all that follows and inserting the following: ``be available only to--
``(A) employment-based immigrants under paragraphs (1), (2), and (3) of section 203(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(b));
``(B) the family members accompanying or following to join such employment-based immigrants under section 203(d) of such Act; and
``(C) those immigrant workers who had petitions approved based on Schedule A, Group I under section 656.5 of title 20, Code of Federal Regulations, as promulgated by the Secretary of Labor.''; and
(2) in paragraph (2)--
(A) in subparagraph (A), by striking ``1999 through 2004'' and inserting ``1994, 1996 through 1998, 2001 through 2004, and 2006''; and
(B) in subparagraph (B), by amending clause (ii) to read as follows:
``(ii) DISTRIBUTION OF VISAS.--The total number of visas made available under paragraph (1) from unused visas from fiscal years 1994, 1996 through 1998, 2001 through 2004, and 2006 shall be distributed as follows:
``(I) The total number of visas made available for immigrant workers who had petitions approved based on Schedule A, Group I under section 656.5 of title 20, Code of Federal Regulations, as promulgated by the Secretary of Labor shall be 61,000.
``(II) The visas remaining from the total made available under subclause (I) shall be allocated to employment-based immigrants with approved petitions under paragraph (1), (2), or (3) of section 203(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (and their family members accompanying or following to join).''.
(b) H-1B Visa Availability.--Section 214(g)(1)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1184(g)(1)(A)) is amended--
(1) in clause (vi), by striking ``and'' at the end;
(2) by redesignating clause (vii) as clause (ix); and
(3) by inserting after clause (vi) the following:
[Page: S9966] GPO's PDF ``(vii) 65,000 in each of fiscal years 2004 through 2007;
``(viii) 115,000 in fiscal year 2008; and''.
wallpaper Will Cameron Diaz#39;s Bad
tinamatthew
07-20 09:37 PM
Hi,
I am planning to change my residence after 2 months. By that time my AOS would be applied. Will it be a problem if I change my residence (different city but same state) after AOS is applied?
:confused:
Signed up for 50$ recurring
Of course you can move, just make sure you send in AR-11within 10 days of moving. The lawyer has a good point though. I changed my address using AR-11 (because lawyer put wrong town and zip!!!) informed USCIS, they wrote back to say it had been done and kept sending receipts to the wrong address, which was none existent!! Check out the link below
"all non-U.S. citizens who move within the United States and its territories must submit a Form AR-11 within 10 days after completing the change of address"
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=9d686c854523d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
I am planning to change my residence after 2 months. By that time my AOS would be applied. Will it be a problem if I change my residence (different city but same state) after AOS is applied?
:confused:
Signed up for 50$ recurring
Of course you can move, just make sure you send in AR-11within 10 days of moving. The lawyer has a good point though. I changed my address using AR-11 (because lawyer put wrong town and zip!!!) informed USCIS, they wrote back to say it had been done and kept sending receipts to the wrong address, which was none existent!! Check out the link below
"all non-U.S. citizens who move within the United States and its territories must submit a Form AR-11 within 10 days after completing the change of address"
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=9d686c854523d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
redelite
08-27 10:48 AM
Here's my go at it...
Calvin & Hobbes -> http://www.kirupa.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47743&stc=1&d=1219871683 http://www.kirupa.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47744&stc=1&d=1219871687
Btw, that Sonic is awesome! :thumb2:
Calvin & Hobbes -> http://www.kirupa.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47743&stc=1&d=1219871683 http://www.kirupa.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47744&stc=1&d=1219871687
Btw, that Sonic is awesome! :thumb2:
2011 Cameron Diaz shows off her
Hong12
12-16 01:51 AM
Thanks so much for a quick response. My cover letter, I-129, I-797 and LCA are correct. However, the petition letter from my employer to USCIS has all the wrong background. In this case, does it mean that my lawyer can just send me the new petition letter with the correct information? I can then bring the new petition letter to the consular? I also found the following info:
USCIS send information on all approved petitions requiring visa issuance to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). KCC then scans and enters all pertinent information including Form I-129, employer support letter (Petition Letter), and beneficiary's identification documents into PIMS. The U.S. consular will then confirm a petition in PIMS before the issuance of the visa.
Also, I just talked to my lawyer again, and he told me that I�m overreacting about the whole issue! He kept saying that this is not a big deal at all for having the wrong background on the petition letter submitted to USCIS. He said that the new petition letter, I-129 and documents do not need to be resubmitted to USCIS. My lawyer also said that he can simply solve the problem by sending me the new petition letter. Accordingly, I can then bring this new letter to the consular for the visa interview instead of going through the resubmission. He also said that there is nothing to be worry about PIMS or anything.
In this case, would it be ok? I thought that the consular can pull the copy of the petition letter from PIMS. Would it be alright if the petition letter they have on PIMS is different from the new petition letter that I will bring to the Consular? Please advise. Thank you very much.
USCIS send information on all approved petitions requiring visa issuance to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). KCC then scans and enters all pertinent information including Form I-129, employer support letter (Petition Letter), and beneficiary's identification documents into PIMS. The U.S. consular will then confirm a petition in PIMS before the issuance of the visa.
Also, I just talked to my lawyer again, and he told me that I�m overreacting about the whole issue! He kept saying that this is not a big deal at all for having the wrong background on the petition letter submitted to USCIS. He said that the new petition letter, I-129 and documents do not need to be resubmitted to USCIS. My lawyer also said that he can simply solve the problem by sending me the new petition letter. Accordingly, I can then bring this new letter to the consular for the visa interview instead of going through the resubmission. He also said that there is nothing to be worry about PIMS or anything.
In this case, would it be ok? I thought that the consular can pull the copy of the petition letter from PIMS. Would it be alright if the petition letter they have on PIMS is different from the new petition letter that I will bring to the Consular? Please advise. Thank you very much.
more...
little_willy
08-08 06:07 PM
Did you try getting this info from IV tracker?
smiledentist
10-26 11:33 AM
keeping this question alive, please advice
more...
mlkedave
03-07 03:48 PM
ok eilsoe, i love u
2010 After rumors of Cameron Diaz
Maverick1
08-13 11:25 AM
If you were born in the USA, there is no way to reject US Citizenship. Even after you take up Indian passport and citizenship, you can come anytime to the USA flash your birth certificate and then get a US Passport.
Did you mean , "you can't loose the citizenship for ever , and get it back if you want to" ? One can renounce the citizenship (of USA) if they wish to.
Did you mean , "you can't loose the citizenship for ever , and get it back if you want to" ? One can renounce the citizenship (of USA) if they wish to.
more...
mhb
05-31 01:11 PM
doing it right now...
hair Diaz will play
OLDMONK
06-15 03:07 PM
its 11 digit the alien number on ur I94 card.
I read somewhere that A# is assigned for life, thats the reason for my belief that its not I-94#, but seems like I may be wrong.
I read somewhere that A# is assigned for life, thats the reason for my belief that its not I-94#, but seems like I may be wrong.
more...
coolpal
04-28 03:37 PM
My wife came from india this sunday (4/26) @ JFK... she is working on EAD and had an expired H1b stamp in her PP.... She was asked about the purpose of the Visit by the IO and also at the AP fingerprinting, and the first IO asked about the expired H1, but she said she is working on EAD and had a valid AP.. he asked her something about how she could prove that she started working on EAD or something like that, but he didn't wait for answer... sent her to AP finger printing.... it all took less than 50 mins. I should say this is waaaaay smoother than the experience we had at EWR in 2006.
pal :)
pal :)
hot Cameron Diaz a Bad Teacher
FredG
May 28th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Don't get discouraged, Lee. Sensor dust is part of the game, and we all have to deal with it.
If you haven't read about it yet, the generally accepted way to "see" the dust is to take a shot of a non-textured light object (I use the ceiling, or a clear sky). Put it in manual, set to a low iso, stop the aperture down to f/16 or even more, adjust ss for proper exposure (may be several seconds, but no problem if you are shooting a texture-less target.) Then you can zoom way in on the image and scout around to see the crud. This is a good way to check after you clean to see if you really got it all.
When cleaning, always try the least intrusive method first. I try the blower several times first. If there is still stuff left, I go in with the arctic butterfly. If there is still junk in the same spot after several passes, it is likely stuck there and I go after it with the lens pen. If it is not in the same spot, it is not stuck, so I keep after it with the brush followed by the blower.
If you haven't read about it yet, the generally accepted way to "see" the dust is to take a shot of a non-textured light object (I use the ceiling, or a clear sky). Put it in manual, set to a low iso, stop the aperture down to f/16 or even more, adjust ss for proper exposure (may be several seconds, but no problem if you are shooting a texture-less target.) Then you can zoom way in on the image and scout around to see the crud. This is a good way to check after you clean to see if you really got it all.
When cleaning, always try the least intrusive method first. I try the blower several times first. If there is still stuff left, I go in with the arctic butterfly. If there is still junk in the same spot after several passes, it is likely stuck there and I go after it with the lens pen. If it is not in the same spot, it is not stuck, so I keep after it with the brush followed by the blower.
more...
house Red Carpet: Cameron Diaz

americandesi
10-15 01:51 PM
I have this basic question. How would USCIS know that he had used EAD for the second job? As far as I know, the information submitted in I-9 doesn’t go to USCIS. During the H1 extension if he submits W2’s, Paystubs and all documents from the H1 employer alone, wouldn’t it get approved? Can anyone clarify this?
tattoo Bad Teacher Movie Wallpaper
casinoroyale
01-24 04:36 PM
I don't think you need to withdraw your H1B visa application.
lostinGCland: My wife (on H4) is in the same boat as you. Do you have AP in hand yet, and did they return your passport to you? If yes on both, then my attorney recommended to send a letter to the consulate instructing them to withdraw your H1B stamping application, then with a copy of that letter in hand, along with the AP, reenter the US on AP. Good luck!
lostinGCland: My wife (on H4) is in the same boat as you. Do you have AP in hand yet, and did they return your passport to you? If yes on both, then my attorney recommended to send a letter to the consulate instructing them to withdraw your H1B stamping application, then with a copy of that letter in hand, along with the AP, reenter the US on AP. Good luck!
more...
pictures Then again, Diaz is trying to
webm
07-09 11:59 AM
Don't worry,the EAD approval rate became faster thesey days..esp TSC/NSC..:)..
On top of that,you should get 2 yr EAD..:)
On top of that,you should get 2 yr EAD..:)
dresses CAMERON Diaz is planning to
pd_recapturing
05-23 07:10 AM
In my case, I have my EB3 labor and I140 approved with PD as May 2004. I have already started a new PERM EB2 from same company in order to port PD. I have not reached to the stage where I can apply I140 (under EB2) to actually start porting PD. With the new rule of "21st May 2007", I am not sure how would my case be treated? Can somebody shed some light on this?
Can someone please answer this ?
Can someone please answer this ?
more...
makeup actress Cameron Diaz.
anilsal
03-17 04:29 PM
From http://www.murthy.com/eb1opr.html
if employment is from an academic institution, it needs to be a tenure or tenure-track position. If from a company, the employer should have in its employ at least three full-time researchers and have documented achievements by the company or its research personnel.
if employment is from an academic institution, it needs to be a tenure or tenure-track position. If from a company, the employer should have in its employ at least three full-time researchers and have documented achievements by the company or its research personnel.
girlfriend Cameron Diaz: The Bad Teacher
tnite
08-03 10:36 PM
See the disclaimer at the bottom of the page. It says it might take another 14 days to receive the receipt even though they might have issued it. What I understand from this is that USCIS has completed the data entry for the dates given and issue the receipts (essentially means, receipt date has been marked against your application in the database) but the receipt will take another 14 days to reach.
So guys keep patience as USCIS is going to give us update every week now...mentioned in the news letter.
So assuming the application was received on 07/01/2007 then 14 days is 07/15 as we know that except for few no one else has received the receipts
So guys keep patience as USCIS is going to give us update every week now...mentioned in the news letter.
So assuming the application was received on 07/01/2007 then 14 days is 07/15 as we know that except for few no one else has received the receipts
hairstyles Cameron Diaz Bad Teacher
zCool
04-02 10:58 PM
I think you should get to the bottom of it.
#1 Get the actual RFE from the lawyer see what is reply by date mentioned there.
#2 Make sure your employer isn't playing games. No one can be expected to divulge financial details to every employee but at least get the extent of changes required. Normally if everything is okay, all that is needed for A2P is Tax documents, Earning statements, W3s, Wage reports.. pretty standard stuff that employer is supposed to have anyways..
If actual return needs to be amended, That may not happen in couple of days, in that case you should work with attorny to see your options abt delayed response etc.
#3 Find out why it was delayed.. who dropped the ball and when!
This is insane, if they don't want to support your application they should just say so..
#1 Get the actual RFE from the lawyer see what is reply by date mentioned there.
#2 Make sure your employer isn't playing games. No one can be expected to divulge financial details to every employee but at least get the extent of changes required. Normally if everything is okay, all that is needed for A2P is Tax documents, Earning statements, W3s, Wage reports.. pretty standard stuff that employer is supposed to have anyways..
If actual return needs to be amended, That may not happen in couple of days, in that case you should work with attorny to see your options abt delayed response etc.
#3 Find out why it was delayed.. who dropped the ball and when!
This is insane, if they don't want to support your application they should just say so..
StuckInTheMuck
09-02 01:53 PM
Is your RFE regarding Medical?
Did you sent your Medical Reports?
Any Good news after Medical reports sent?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes the RFE was for medical (for me and spouse) as I thought. We sent response on Aug 12, got hard LUD ("response received, case processing resumed") Aug 19, then soft LUDs on Aug 20, 21, 26 and 27, and nothing after that.
Did you sent your Medical Reports?
Any Good news after Medical reports sent?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes the RFE was for medical (for me and spouse) as I thought. We sent response on Aug 12, got hard LUD ("response received, case processing resumed") Aug 19, then soft LUDs on Aug 20, 21, 26 and 27, and nothing after that.
ksairi
05-12 10:50 AM
http://www.npr.org/dmg/audioplayer.php?prgCode=TOTN&showDate=11-May-2006&segNum=1

No comments:
Post a Comment